If you’re looking for some easy crafts with toilet paper rolls and egg cartons, you’ll love this simple airplane craft idea for kids.
Spend 30 minutes in a creative way with the kids with these free and easy crafts with toilet paper roll and egg cartons.
Summer is definitely over and with some rainy days ahead, we declare the new easy crafts for kids season open! I’m always looking for simple and easy crafts for kids and this is exactly how this kids craft is: EASY and FUN.
I had some leftover materials from some other easy crafts for kids, so I wanted to do some easy crafts with toilet paper rolls and egg cartons. Inspired by our previous project, the egg carton car, the kids decided to make a plane and pilot this time. So we started off with our easy crafts with toilet paper rolls and egg cartons.
What you need for these easy crafts with toilet paper rolls and egg cartons:
- An egg carton box for the body of the plane
- 3 or 4 toilet paper rolls : 2 for the wings and the rest for the pilot(s)
- Scissors and paper cutter
- A piece of paper for the hair
- Water paint and brushes.
How to make an egg carton plane and toilet paper roll driver:
- Cut the egg carton: Cut out a circle on top to make room for the pilot(s) and two lines on the sides for the wings. You might also need to remove some carton parts on the inside to make sure the toilet rolls fit inside.
- Paint: Paint the egg cartoon as the body of he plane and 2 of the previously flattened toilet paper rolls as wings. The other toilet paper roll(s) should be painted a pilot(s).
- Decorate: There are many things you can do to make your plane and the pilots look nice. The kids and I limited ourselves to giving some fancy hair to the pilots. To do so, we took a horizontal piece of paper, colored it and then folded it in two to cut out the “hair” on the edges. Notice how we gave our second pilot curly hair by using a different kind of scissors. For an alternative haircut, check this egg carton car driver with his fancy blue hair.
If you’re looking for easy crafts with toilet paper rolls and egg cartons, I’d definitely recommend you try this one out. It was easy and fund to do and the kids had some home made craft toys they played with for some days.
You can find here other easy craft with toilet paper rolls, but if you’d like to be kept up to date with our latest easy craft for kids creations, subscribe to our free updates.